- Be sure to completely dry the kale leaves and distribute in one layer to bake; otherwise, the kale will steam and not fully crisp up.
- To add your own touch to this appetizer: In step 4, after you toss the kale with the oil, sprinkle with your favorite gluten-free seasoning powder and toss.
- This recipe uses sea salt flakes because I love their texture and delicate flavor, and you can find them at well-stocked grocery stores.
Plan to enjoy the kale the same day you make it.
Ready, Set, Go!
- 1 bunch kale, washed, center ribs removed, and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Set out two sheet pans.
- Spin the kale in a salad spinner and dry completely with a kitchen towel.
- Spread the kale among the two sheet pans.
- Give garlic clove a quick smash with the side of a chef's knife. Add garlic and oil to a cold frying pan. Gently warm over medium-low heat for several minutes so the oil gathers the essence of the garlic. Remove from heat and discard garlic.
- Pour garlic oil over the kale on the sheet pans and gently toss. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.