My family has been gluten-free (or gluten zero as the respected Dr. Rodney Ford prefers) for three years. We’ve picked up many tips along our gluten-zero journey that we rely on if we accidently get glutened. Here’s how we recover as quickly as possible.
1. Digestive Enzymes help your system to break down gluten proteins in your stomach before it reaches your intestines. We take this as soon as we realize we've been glutened. I’ve used the Similase GFCF brand. Dr. Tom O’Bryan, who specializes in Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Disease, has developed a product called Glutenza. And, Metagenics has a new digestive enzyme called SpectraZyme Gluten Digest.
2. L-Glutamine is an amino acid that is used by the body for tissue repair and healing the gut.
3. Probiotics support your digestive system.
4. Coconut Water has electrolytes that work to replenish your body.
5. Bone Broth helps to heal your intestinal lining. I keep small portions in the freezer.
6. Turmeric and Ginger have natural anti-inflammatory powers and settle an upset system. We make my turmeric and orange gut-healing smoothie.
7. Rest and Patience are essential for us. My daughter was recently glutened while on a school trip, and it took her a few weeks to fully recover.
What are your tricks when you get glutened?
People who read this also read: