I’ve been trying to share this easy no-bake recipe here on my blog for some time. The problem is that each time I make these addicting peanut butter squares, we eat them before I can take a photograph. I’ve just made a fresh batch, no one is home, and I’ve only eaten one – well maybe two. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Squares, Dairy-Free Too!
Makes 16 (2-inch squares)
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used the natural style)
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tablespoons melted dairy-free butter, such as Earth Balance
2 1/2 cups gluten-free rice crispy style cereal, such as Erewhon
1 cup chocolate chips, gluten-free and dairy-free, such as Equal Exchange
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup crushed gluten-free pretzels
1. Line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, and melted dairy-free butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix until creamy using either hand-held or standing mixer. Add the cereal and mix until just combined.
3. Press this cereal mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil over a double boiler.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture and then sprinkle the crushed pretzels over the top. Refrigerate this treat until the chocolate has set. Cut into squares and hide some before everyone eats them all up!