I'm finding that planning ahead when one is gluten and dairy free is really important. We were invited to our friend's house last minute on a Sunday afternoon for tea so we could plan an upcoming weekend trip our families were looking forward to. Great, but what would I take for a little something to go with the tea? Our household totes our own food these days to be confident there will be something we can eat. I rely on one of the best old kitchen tricks - already prepared homemade cookie dough. Here's how I do it...
- Prepare your favorite cookie dough recipe (currently mine is Pamela's recipe).
- Drop 1 tablespoon scoops of dough onto cookie sheet, placing right next to each other.
- Place a cookie sheet in freezer. Wait a few hours until raw cookies are frozen.
- Plop the hard raw cookies into a freezer bag and return to freezer.
- When you want fresh cookies, preheat your oven to 350ºF, reach into the freezer for your already made dough, and onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake - adding a few extra minutes because the dough is frozen.
- Enjoy the fresh-baked homemade cookies anytime!
I must remember to restock the freezer so I'm ready for the next event!